Top 5 Reasons for Divorce in Malaysia
(Updated in May 2020)
Unsurprisingly, getting a divorce is not uncommon nowadays.
As a divorce lawyer in Malaysia, we often get to hear different reasons for breakdown of marriages on a daily basis. Below are top 5 reasons for divorce in Malaysia compiled.
- Infidelity: Sadly, extra-marital affair (or adultery) took the main spot of problem to a married couple as a man (or even woman) often started with an emotional affair and which later turned into a physical affair. As a matter of fact, adultery is often cited as a ground for divorce in Malaysia.
- Money (Financial dispute): It is common that financial issue becomes a real problem to a married couple when the husband (who is supposed to be supporting the family financially) is not providing to the family sufficiently. More often than not, this will turn into an argument if money is involved.
- Domestic Abuse: This can be either physical or mental abuse in Malaysian. As a matter of fact, there is a strong correlation between domestic abuse and financial problems.
- Lack of communication: Often couples will complain that they are not communicating enough (or at all) even though they are staying under one roof. Sooner or later, this will cause the marriage to breakdown.
- Lack of intimacy: This can be either emotional intimacy or physical intimacy (sexual intercourse).
Whatever the reason is for a divorce, it is crucial to settle the divorce terms so that issues such as wife maintenance (or husband’s maintenance), children’s maintenance (and custody) and division of property are well settled to avoid any dispute in the future. Moreover, if both parties can agree on all the terms, they both can save the hassle, time and cost by way of a joint petition divorce.
However, if both parties cannot reach a settlement on any term, the only option to get a divorce is by filing a single petition divorce where you will have to expect a long, tedious and costly court process and legal fees.
Get Free Quotation And Consultation From Our Divorce Lawyers In Less Than 2 Working Hours Via WhatsApp/SMS Below Now.<div class='sharedaddy sd-block sd-like jetpack-likes-widget-wrapper jetpack-likes-widget-unloaded' id='like-post-wrapper-135752212-593-628b3c6fba7b3' data-src='https://widgets.wp.com/likes/#blog_id=135752212&post_id=593&origin=www.tyhlawfirm.my&obj_id=135752212-593-628b3c6fba7b3' data-name='like-post-frame-135752212-593-628b3c6fba7b3'><h3 class="sd-title">Like this:</h3><div class='likes-widget-placeholder post-likes-widget-placeholder' style='height: 55px;'><span class='button'><span>Like</span></span> <span class="loading">Loading...</span></div><span class='sd-text-color'></span><a class='sd-link-color'></a></div>