For accurate information, ask our lawyer now.
- Preparation to proceed with Joint Petition divorce (both agreed mutually to divorce)
- Preparation to proceed with Single Petition divorce (only 1 party agree to divorce or no agreement to the term(s) of divorce)
- Application For Annulment, Custody and Adoption in Malaysia
Divorce Procedures In Malaysia
Procedures For Joint Petition Divorce In Malaysia
- Our divorce lawyer shall advise both parties and confirm the agreed terms between both parties upon divorce such as issue of custody (if there is any child), maintenance of wife/children, division of properties etc.
- Once the essential terms are agreed upon, our divorce lawyer shall prepare the divorce petition and other legal documents to be signed by both parties before/infront of the Commissioner for Oath.
- Then the duly signed divorce petition and other legal documents will be filed into the High Court of Malaya and the High Court will fix a date for hearing of the petition. Both parties must attend the hearing of the petition. If you cannot attend for whatsoever reason, you may seek further advice from our divorce lawyer.
- On the date of hearing, the High Court will give divorce order once the High Court is satisfied that all essential terms are agreed between the parties. Bear in mind that the decree nisi will only be absolute 3 months from the date of decree nisi (in other words, the divorce order will only be official after 3 months from the date of Court hearing under the law of Malaysia).
- Once the decree nisi is absolute after 3 months, you will obtain the divorce certificate from our divorce lawyer.