Our Lawyers & Our Law Firm: Divorce Lawyer Malaysia
Divorce Lawyer Malaysia: Tam Yuen Hung & Co. (TYH & Co.) is a law firm in Cheras, Malaysia founded by Max Tam Yuen Hung based in the township of Bandar Mahkota Cheras, Selangor, Malaysia.
He is an advocate & solicitor of the High Court of Malaya practicing in Kuala Lumpur & Selangor in Malaysia.
He read law and holds an LLB (Hons) from Northumbria University of the UK. The following year, he obtained the Certificate in Legal Practice (CLP) from the Legal Profession Qualifying Board Malaysia (LPQB).
He was trained in an established law firm known as Messrs Shearn Delamore & Co. and further started his legal practice in Messrs Mark Law Chambers, a litigation & conveyancing law firm in Kuala Lumpur before setting up TYH & Co.
His main focused area of law is Divorce & Family Law in Malaysia and is an experienced divorce lawyer handling countless of joint divorce petitions (Mutual divorce) as well as single divorce petitions (Non-mutual divorce) in Malaysia. Besides, he is also an experienced lawyer in the laws of guardianship and custody of children in Malaysia.
- Obtained sole custody of child for the respondent mother in the High Court of Ipoh in a custody application filed by the father in 2017.
- Obtained the permission of the High Court of Kuala Lumpur in 2017 for the applicant husband to file for divorce petition (for marriage less than 2 years) based on the facts that the wife is unreasonably affecting the life of husband (emotionally).
- Obtained joint custody of children for the respondent mother in the High Court of Ipoh in a custody application filed by the father in 2018.
- Defended for the respondent mother in an application for overnight access on the child filed by the father in the High Court of Kuala Lumpur in 2018. The High Court allows limited access (visitation right) to the father with no overnight access allowed.
- Acted for the wife in settling for a substantial amount of maintenance for both wife and children in the High Court of Kuala Lumpur in 2018 to save time and cost of the wife without resorting to litigation.
- Represented the applicant husband in 2018 to file for divorce within 2 years from the date of registration of marriage. Application to divorce within 2 years is allowed by the High Court of Kuala Lumpur based on exceptional circumstances and hardship suffered by the husband.
- Defended for the respondent husband in a committal proceedings in the High Court of Kuala Lumpur filed by the wife in 2018. Consent judgment entered between both parties.
- Acted for the applicant husband in an application to vary the consent judgement (on maintenance of child) on the basis that the husband is facing financial difficulties in the High Court of Kuala Lumpur in 2019. The High Court allows the variation to be reduced to a reasonable amount to ensure that the welfare of child is protected.
- Acted for the applicant wife in an application to vary the consent judgment (on custody) in the High Court of Johor Bahru in 2019. The High Court directed that both parties must honor the consent judgment and the child must continue to stay with the wife’s mother as agreed earlier.
- Acted for the respondent husband in a divorce petition in the Ipoh High Court in 2019 and successfully gained liberal access including overnight access to the children for the respondent husband. Respondent husband also required to pay lower amount of maintenance to children after considering his income.
Will Writing & Estate Planning Law is also one of his focused area of law where he had garnered much valuable experience during his previous employment in one of the most reputable will writing & estate planning company in Malaysia. This includes application for probate and letter of administration in Malaysia.
He is also experienced in advising and drafting business & commercial agreements for small & medium-sized companies and start-ups in Malaysia and advising on matters relating to the Malaysian immigration law.
Throughout his practicing years, he is a firm believer that all disputes (in family) could be resolved amicably with proper mediation between disputing parties to protect the interest of parties and welfare of the children (if any).
Our lawyer, Max Tam Yuen Hung is also fluent in the following languages:
- Bahasa Malaysia;
- Cantonese; and
Sandra Lee: Senior Legal Associate (Divorce & Family Litigation)
Sandra Lee Yee Ling graduated from the University of London under the external programme with a Bachelor of Laws degree and completed the Certificate in Legal Practice (CLP) the following year.
She commenced her pupillage in Messrs Sheah, Tan & Rahman and was admitted and enrolled as an advocate and solicitor of the High Court of Malaya upon completing her pupillage.
Subsequently, she joined Messrs Tam Yuen Hung & Co. wherein she continues to gain and expand her legal knowledge particularly in uncontested and contested divorce and family law matters, estate planning and conveyancing matters.
Sandra is conversant in:
- Bahasa Malaysia; and
Nur Aqilah binti Abdul Razak: Legal Associate
Nur Aqilah graduated with Bachelor of Laws (Hons.) from Multimedia University Melaka.
Nur Aqilah also obtained her Postgraduate Diploma in Syariah Law and Practice (DSLP) from UITM Shah Alam, Malaysia. Nur Aqilah commenced her pupillage at Messrs Illiayas where her practicing area mainly consists of conveyancing, application of probate/letter of administration, will-writing and banking litigation.
In TYH & Co, Nur Aqilah will be mainly handling uncontested and contested divorce & family matters (for Muslims and non-Muslims) as well as other matters including probate and estate planning law, immigration matters, landlord and tenant disputes, defamation, land disputes and others.
Nur Aqilah is fluent and conversant in:
- Bahasa Malaysia; and
Niki Lim Hui Min: Legal Associate
Niki Lim Hui Min graduated from Aberystwyth University with a Bachelor of Law (LLB Hons) and completed the Bar Professional Training Course in BPP Leeds. She was then called to the Bar of England & Wales by the Honourable Society of the Middle Temple in 2020.
Subsequently, she commenced her pupillage at Messrs Y C Pang, Chong & Gordon under the tutelage of Ms Yong Chen Yee and admitted as an Advocate and Solicitor of the High Court of Malaya.
Throughout her pupillage and prior experiences, she has gained exposure in multiple areas of practice including but not limited to commercial banking, corporate and conveyancing matters.
Niki is conversant in:
- Bahasa Malaysia; and
- Cantonese (Limited Working Proficiency).
Nur Syakirah binti Shamsulzaman: Legal Associate
Nur Syakirah successfully graduated from Universiti Utara Malaysia (UUM) with Second Class Upper in Bachelor of Law (LLB) with Honours in 2015.
She commenced her pupillage in Messrs. Kuldip & Co. practicing civil litigation where she specialized in personal injury claims acting for the Plaintiff. She has the experience handling clients with various injuries and negotiating with the insurance company.
After she was called to the Bar, she then practiced in Messrs. Farid Aziz & P. Vignesh in Melaka. She was assigned with criminal cases specifically in commercial crime. She also handled some bankruptcy matters and defamation claim. Other than that, she was also appointed as legal advisor for some panel companies and businesses to advise on employment matters.
She then moved and practiced in Messrs. M. Raman & Associates. In this firm, she handled civil litigation files mostly on liquidated ascertained damages claim. Most of the cases are claims for late delivery of vacant possession from the developer. She also handled some contested family law matters in the firm. In this firm was exposed with various interlocutory applications such as summary judgment, injunctions, striking out applications and many others.
Nur Syakirah joined Tam Yuen Hung & Co. in 2022 as one of the legal associate specializing in divorce and family law dealing with mainly contested matters in the firm.
Nur Syakirah is conversant in:
- English; and
- Bahasa Malaysia.
Janice Tham Wei Chyng: Legal Associate
Janice graduated from the Multimedia University, Malacca Campus with a Bachelor of Laws (Hons) Second Class Upper Division.
Janice subsequently joined the established firm of Messrs. Richard Tee & Chin to undertake her pupillage where she was assigned to litigation department and placed under the tutelage of Mr Richard Tee Sze Ping.
Throughout Janice’s pupillage, she was mainly exposed to civil litigation works particularly in contentious probate proceedings, contractual disputes, defamation, winding up, writ of possession, child citizenship, breach of fiduciary duties and accident claims.
Janice then joined Messrs Tam Yuen Hung & Co as a Legal Associate and is currently practicing family law.
Janice is conversant in:
- Bahasa Malaysia;
- Mandarin; and
At TYH & Co, we provide fixed and affordable lawyer fees for any divorce or family matters with no hidden charges so that you can make practical payment arrangements.
Lawyers in Tam Yuen Hung & Co.:
- Max Tam Yuen Hung (Divorce & Family Litigation/Dispute Resolution)
- Wilson Tan Wei Sheng (Estate Planning/Probate & Family Litigation/Dispute Resolution) (Read profile here)
- Samantha Khoo Kah Wuan (Conveyancing & Property Law) (Read profile here)
- Mark Cheng Sheng En (Litigation/Dispute Resolution & Immigration Law) (Read profile here)
- Sandra Lee Yee Ling (Divorce & Family Litigation/Dispute Resolution)
- Nur Aqilah binti Abdul Razak (Divorce & Family Litigation for Muslims and non-Muslims/Dispute Resolution)
- Niki Lim Hui Min (Divorce & Family Litigation/Dispute Resolution)
- Nur Syakirah binti Shamsulzaman (Divorce & Family Litigation/Dispute Resolution)
- Puteri Nurul Imana binti Mohd Khairuddin (Conveyancing & Property Law) (Read profile here)
- Janice Tham Wei Chyng (Divorce & Family Litigation/Dispute Resolution)